How To Fix a Microwave Oven
|How a Microwave Oven Works|
|Tips and Advice|
The Consumer Product Safety Commission warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury or death.
However, repairs that do not require removal of the cabinet or access to the electrical component area may be suitable for do-it-yourself repair. Repairs to the handle, door, hinges, turntable and similar non-electrical components may be suitable for do-it-yourselfer repair.