Learn the Basics of Making a Web page
How Basic? Not Even Design 101, We'll Start at 01
What is the Process for Making a Web Page? Simple:
- You write a page
- You need someone to host it to make it available on the Internet
- You copy it to your host's web server
- You are done. Anyone on the Internet can see it, if they know where to look.
Writing your First Web Page
You can write a Web page in the notepad that comes with Windows, you can use Microsoft Word, you can use a publishing tool that some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) offer, you can download a free Web page creation tool or you can buy Web page design software.
- Run Notepad from your Start, Programs, Accessories menu.
- Type everything between the quotes
- Click on Save
- choose the directory where you want to save the file
- use the filename firstpage.html
- change the file type box from .txt to All files
- click Save