How To Configure Windows 98 for a Network
Continued from page 3
The network is now configured and the PCs should be able to see each other on the network. However, in order for a PC to access resources on another PC, the resources must be shared. You can share the entire hard disk, specific folders or even just specific files. You can also share resources such as a printer or the CD-ROM (any drive can be shared).
How To Enable File Sharing
- Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, and then double-click the Network icon.
- Select the Network Configuration tab.
- Click File And Printer Sharing.
- Check the boxes to grant access to files and to printers.
- Click OK. Insert the Windows CD and restart the PC.
- After Windows restarts you can beginning configuring files, folders, drives and printers for sharing. See our articles on How To Share a Printer.
Page 4 of 4