How To Clean Ink from Glass
Unfortunately, sometimes glass can get marked by ink. Inky fingers, a burst pen, or even a vendor marking can put a blot on even the most pristine glass. Fortunately, this is one of the easier, simpler types of stains to remove from smooth surfaces, particularly glass. Most household glass is fairly resistant to cleaning chemicals and to scratching. However, shower glass may be treated with materials that make it more susceptible to damage while cleaning. These instructions are created to minimize risk of damage to shower glass. Recently installed shower door glass is a regulated type of safety glass, but features such as protective vinyl coating, textures and decorative appliqués can vary and may affect your decision on how to deal with the stain. Test all cleaning solutions and application techniques in an inconspicuous location before using them in a wider area.
Take a clean cotton ball or cotton swab and soak thoroughly in rubbing alcohol. Rub the alcohol-soaked cotton ball or swab directly on the ink marks. Replace stained cotton balls and swabs with clean ones as necessary. Once the ink marks are removed, you can finish with a light overall cleansing to remove any oily residue the hand cleaner may have left behind: use a clean sponge to apply a lightly sudsy solution of mild pH neutral dish liquid diluted with water to the affected area. Sponge with clean water, avoiding over wetting. Use a squeegee to wick away water and help prevent excess moisture that can encourage undesirable stains like mold and mildew buildup. Complete with a once-over with rubbing alcohol, applied with crumpled newspaper. This will help remove remaining residues as well as provide a streak-free shine.
Caution: Never mix cleaning agents or chemicals, the result can be dangerous or deadly. Before cleaning, always test the agent on an inconspicuous location to determine its suitability and to make certain it does not damage the material. Wear appropriate clothing such as gloves and protective eyewear, and work in a well-ventilated area. Accidental inhalation or ingestion of cleaning agents can be hazardous and even fatal, particularly to pets and children.